Gallagher Park

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The question - "Why is it called Gallagher Park?" was asked on the sixtownships history group - thought they must be taking the 'mick'! One quick Google (or whatever) search will throw up pages of info, wrong. So unless there's some obvious info I'm missing, I can't find any site that gives the reason why it is called Gallagher Park. Checked the Friends of Gallagher Park site; NCC site (Gallagher Park & Dr Pitt Park); Bedlington Remembered; Bedlington Tryst etc. etc. but found no statement for why and when it was named. 

Thanks Foxy - I think most people believe/know it was named after Mick Gallagher but many appear not to. As I sarcastically said in my posting I couldn't believe how- "thought they must be taking the 'mick'!" &  "I can't find any site that gives the reason why it is called Gallagher Park." Therefore locals who have never heard of Mick Gallagher; strangers looking at Friends of Gallagher Park and visitors to the Northumberland County Council web site would have no idea why it is called Gallagher park! Just wondering, cos I can't find anything on the www, if anyone knows where it is documented - I think it should be documented on FoGP & in NCC site   http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/default.aspx?page=16485

Edited by Eggy1948

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now