It's back to 1963...

threegee

...and no, I'm not talking about comrade Corbyn!

http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/604619/Long-range-weather-forecast-Britain-cold-winter-2015-arctic-snow-freeze

Doubtless this will all be taken as further proof of umm.. anthropomorphic climate change (and not the usual kind), but even the "scientists" are now hedging their bets by pointing out that undeniable low solar activity is at very least a contributing factor.  Time to attend to those door and window seals that you've been putting off replacing!

• 2 weeks later...

Heh heh!!

1959,1963,1966,reminds me when all the buses were laid off at times,and me and my marra,s WALKED....NO!....TRUDGED......four miles across the

thick snow covered fields,from Bedlington ti Choppington High Pit,worked shifts underground,soaked to the skin all shift,freezing caad stannin at thi shaft-bottom waitin for thi cage ti bank,at lowse,bathed,dressed,and trudged fower miles back yem,ready for wa dinner......syem agyen thi next day, for days on end!!!

A knaa!! ....cue the violins and hankies!!,but true,noo can yi imagine ANY kids,[or even some adults!] willing ti dae that ti put bread on thi tyeble?

My philosophy is....."God gie ye waataproof skin man,wat are ye complaining aboot?.....ye drrry oot thi syem way ye got wet.......tha's people owa thi otha side of thi world in war zones,tsunami's,hurricane's ,desert conditions........THEY have got the problems man,nae roofs owa tha heeds...nae food for tha kids......."....some people find my philosophy irritating,and have replied selfishly that that doesn't help them at aal....!!

Whey it certainly keeps MY head on an even keel.

I was dying 2 years ago,one phone call,ten minutes later I was hooked up to oxygen,cardiograph,blood monitoring,etc,by the ANGELS on the road wi green claas on,and blue leets!

Let the -20 C come!! Aal still be oot wi me LBJ..[Little Black Jess!],dress for it,and it's nae different ti PLUS 20 C !!

Heh heh....end of one of  Wilma's rare rants!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The evidence is building, and the swans are voting with their wings!

Britain faces longest winter in 50 years after earliest ever arrival of Siberian swan The arrival of winter, traditionally heralded by the migration of Siberian swans, has come early as 300 birds flock to Britain...

The first bird arrived on Sunday - a full 25 days earlier than last year and the earliest date on record.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/weather/11926752/Britain-faces-longest-winter-in-50-years-after-earliest-ever-arrival-of-Siberian-swan.html

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now