European Market...champion!

I went up to the European market and can I just say it was a delight. Bought some lovely FRESH bread some scrummy French cheeses and had a wander around in the sunshine enjoying something different. The only thing that spoilt it was the attitude of our small minded fellow Bedlingtonians. all around me I could hear comments such as 'Whey Greggs is just there why would you want to get a one of them baguettes for that price?' (Answer: because it is proper bread with actual taste) 'Those sweets are too oversized!' (They would be complaining if they were too small or medium or anything.) And when offered free samples some were downright rude, screwing up their faces, no sign of a 'no thank-you.' I think the reason why our town is so backward is because of some of the people in it. We get a nice treat and people use it for a winge. As for the prices...yes I nearly fainted when I was told how much my wedge of raclette was (£6) but I'm sure it will be worth it when I'm melting it and reliving memories of holidays in France. In conclusion I have never seen the Front Street as busy for ages.

PS I saw a one of their stall holders supporting our local businesses, he bought a can of red bull and a tin of deodorant from Somerfield.

PS I saw a one of their stall holders supporting our local businesses, he bought a can of red bull and a tin of deodorant from Somerfield.

Obviously not french then (ooooooOOOOOOOOOoooooo!!!)

i passed the market today too, and i too was impressed by the turnout. we should do more to bring the people of bedlington back onto our front street. Any ideas folks?

Guest missvic

i passed the market today too, and i too was impressed by the turnout. we should do more to bring the people of bedlington back onto our front street. Any ideas folks?

Bring back the record shop. Ooh, and that fancy cake shop that was somewhere opposite the Bull. And the Co-op.

Close Somerfield. And Greggs. I don't want to be buying me records and cakes with Greggs-frequenters about.

Bring back the record shop. Ooh, and that fancy cake shop that was somewhere opposite the Bull. And the Co-op.

Close Somerfield. And Greggs. I don't want to be buying me records and cakes with Greggs-frequenters about.

Does anyone here actually shop at Somerfield? - and i mean proper shopping not just nipping in for a loaf or pint of milk.

Not me, i do my shopping at Netto and ASDA.

Well if you ask me Somerfield is over priced and they don't stock most of the stuff you actually want.

Whenever i go in there for the odd thing, i only see people with baskets with a few things in, I've never seen anyone with a full trolley...

put the market on the front street instead of the car park!

Guest missvic
Whenever i go in there for the odd thing, i only see people with baskets with a few things in, I've never seen anyone with a full trolley...

A bit like some of the staff

Oooohhh Mr Darn how did I know someone would say that!

It's a rubbish supermarket. It's like Marksie's people only go in for their bits. I bought a lettuce today and it's manky, should have gone to the greengrocers.

Don't get me started on Somerfield's meat it's the worst in the locality! Get to Cowell's everyone! Support the small business person!

Yes, tell the French to lower their bread prices.

:D:D

A bit like some of the staff

:D:D:D

Guest missvic

I saw one of the foriegn types having a continental urination on the side of his van. At the market place! Mon Dieu! Deport them at once!

Support the small business person!

Are there any small traders left then?

A certain WDC Labour councillor at a Bedlingtonshire public meeting, some years ago now:

I don't care if every business on the Front Street closes - the double yellow lines are staying!

Are there any small traders left then?

Well if thats not an invitation to vote for someone else I dont know what is. People that make remarks like that should not be representing anyone or any ploitical party.

Time to get ride of him and name names Threegee.

i think the idea was good! but i hate the french anyway so no matter how low they put there price i still wouldn't buy there stuff!

i bet if you went to france the prices would change!!!! there just taking use for mugs vive la england kick the froggies back to tha own country!

i think the idea was good! but i hate the french anyway so no matter how low they put there price i still wouldn't buy there stuff!

i bet if you went to france the prices would change!!!! there just taking use for mugs vive la england kick the froggies back to tha own country!

Your right they are taking us for mugs just like that common market.

British and proud of it, not european.

Pete,

The price of bread in France is regulated by the Gov! (Shades of let them eat cake!) The price for a normal baggette is around 40p, the parrot dropping ones obviousely dearer. Because of what is used in the making (or not used!) it cannot be kept so there is a high wastage which is in the price.

So how much were they on sale for in Bedders and were they the basic type? (Probably not it wouldn't be worth the effort!)

The councillor showing his grasp of local Gov funding by wanting all the shops closed, the shops actually pay a dispropotionate amount of rates which comes back to the district as central Gov funding and is based on the amount of shops and trade premisis in the district, is now no longer a councillor and I believe is drinking his pints with the Almighty!

ASDAs food is cheap horrible tasting !*!@# ... their meat is tough as F-** like eating boots .... ASDA is WalMart ( the evil oppressive face of mass globalisation from the US ).. Ive heard to work there youve got to sing the ASDA happy song at the end of the interview before they take you on... and tap your !*!@# like a !*!@#

Haha, its true - and you have to dress up... this lass i know went for an interview and had to sit in a big circle with other people and wear a bin bag and stuff...

It must just be that ASDA like employing people who can endure embarrassment or something...