Bank Charges

Deal or No Deal?  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Read this.........end of the train

Means absolutely nothing, except maybe he didn't do his homework and/or was far too greedy. An uncontested CC judgement is not even a platform ticket! This one will run, and run, and...

Means absolutely nothing, except maybe he didn't do his homework and/or was far too greedy.

Absolutely he didn't do his homework, if he had he would have known that bank charges for exceeding overdrafts are NOT illegal, the bank is perfectly entitled to charge a fee for this. The fact is though that the current level of charges are at astronomic levels in proportion to the banks costs and as such are unlawful.

Absolutely he didn't do his homework, if he had he would have known that bank charges for exceeding overdrafts are NOT illegal, the bank is perfectly entitled to charge a fee for this. The fact is though that the current level of charges are at astronomic levels in proportion to the banks costs and as such are unlawful.

If the banks can gain a similar verdict in a higher level court.....end of the money return train.

The banks are more likely to challenge claims now given this decision........I'm OK, my debts were

7 years ago :(

If the banks can gain a similar verdict in a higher level court.....end of the money return train.

Wrong. This verdict was over both a poorly formed argument and an incorrect one. Bank charges are NOT ILLEGAL and anybody claiming this will have their case thrown out of the county court. The charges are UNLAWFUL in the fact they do not accurately reflect the banks costs. the banks will not contest a case claiming unfair high charges as they will be forced to reveal their actual costs which I conservatively estimate to be about 50p per infringement.

This verdict will just give them more leverage over the people that are wavering about taking action or settling for less. I see that it has already had the desired effect in at least one case. ;)

Wrong. This verdict was over both a poorly formed argument and an incorrect one. Bank charges are NOT ILLEGAL and anybody claiming this will have their case thrown out of the county court. The charges are UNLAWFUL in the fact they do not accurately reflect the banks costs. the banks will not contest a case claiming unfair high charges as they will be forced to reveal their actual costs which I conservatively estimate to be about 50p per infringement.

This verdict will just give them more leverage over the people that are wavering about taking action or settling for less. I see that it has already had the desired effect in at least one case. ;)

Not really, as with tom, i have not agreed to settle for the £750, it was given to me as a goodwill payment. i have not accepted this as full and final payment, and have sent a letter thanking them for the initial payment and the admittion that they were wrong to charge me so much in a round-about sort of way, and have asked for a responce as to when, and what amount i am to recieve as the final settlement payment.

At least now i am not gonna end up with nothing, and it adds a little leverage to my case. after all, would you pay someone £750 compensation if you had done nothing wrong?

sorry like but i don't see what all the fuss is about! you use banking services you pay for banking services the end! if you don't like there charges you go to a different bank. if they over charge you tuff! bet if they under charged you wouldn't be making a song and dance about it! oooh go to the solicitors cause the banks under charged me what! just live with it and let the courts sort out more important things like illegal wheel clamper's etc! :lol: :lol:

i was once charged £30 for going overdrawn,i had took some cash out of the cash machine,which when i checked the balance said i had more than enough to cover it,next thing i know they charged me 30 quid for the privilege..needless to say,i was straight to the bank demanding they hand over all me savings coz i was closing my account,they turned round and said "you can`t do that",i said "it`s my effing money,i think you`ll find i can do that"...haha,the look on their faces :lol:

sorry like but i don't see what all the fuss is about! you use banking services you pay for banking services the end! if you don't like there charges you go to a different bank. if they over charge you tuff! bet if they under charged you wouldn't be making a song and dance about it! oooh go to the solicitors cause the banks under charged me what! just live with it and let the courts sort out more important things like illegal wheel clamper's etc! :lol::lol:

i do use banking services, and i do pay for banking services, but i dissagree with being charged £30 because i 'would have' went 4p overdrawn IF they had paid a bill for me. what i do agree with is paying for the computers time to locate and stop this transaction (about 0.003 seconds) and for the stamp, ink and paper required to send 2 automated letters, one to me and one to my debtor. all in all i cant see this costing more than (and i'm being very reasonable here) £5.

But, to back up your point, i think someone wheel clamping a car parked in a car park is wrong.

i also see it from their side tho, as i would like to clamp the little git who parks over my drive at nights so when i get up in the morning i have to wait to get out of my drive to get to work (as the pubs have to do in a round about sort of way to get their beer in).

i think the cars abusing the ample free spaces behind the front street should be clamped, but the release fee is way too extortionate.

maybe £20? £10 for the clampers wages for an hour, and £10 for the upkeep of the equipment. fair enough eh?

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now