Whats Your Favourite Chinese Takeaway*

Dunno what it's called but I like the one on the corner opposite the gym, just down from the red lion. Bombay Nights indian is good there as well.

the one at the station used to be good but i aint be there for years!

Guest missvic
"!*!@# " is a racist term. Can't we use "Chinese Takeaway" or "Chinese Restaurant"?

All changed CK!

Oh, and I like the one that GGGG was on about! A decent menu and friendly service. A nice meal also awaits at the Panda just down the road. Ben's is canny on your way home after a night on the lash... waking up to it uneaten last Sunday morning was certainly not :(

All changed CK!

Oh, and I like the one that GGGG was on about! A decent menu and friendly service. A nice meal also awaits at the Panda just down the road. Ben's is canny on your way home after a night on the lash... waking up to it uneaten last Sunday morning was certainly not :(

so what threegee can say it so why can't i?

!*!@# whats wrong with !*!@# ? it's only an abreivated version of chinese! not like am actually being racest! im a brit is that racist im not affened. i a !*!@# white brit ooo racist stuff mind! :angry:

!*!@# whats wrong with !*!@# ? it's only an abreivated version of chinese! not like am actually being racest! im a brit is that racist im not affened. i a !*!@# white brit ooo racist stuff mind! :angry:

If you came out of "Angry Kid mode", stopped insulting people and attacked their often daft ideas, then you'd be a lot more effective Monsta.

It's like the BNP. Many rational people would go along with some of their less wild ideas. The problem is often not what is being said, but who is saying it, and how it is being said.

As you've pointed out I expected that intelligent people would understand that my saying !*!@# was simply an abbreviation for Chinese Takeway. But the PC crowd would rather focus on the fact that it could be seen as a derogatory reference to a Chinese person. Well it could, but only if you quite deliberately misconstrued what I was saying. But.. the PC crowd are very good at doing just that!

This is brilliant news for the people who do want to stir up racial hatred! Making neutral words like negro taboo is an excellent way to illustrate what a paucity of constructive ideas you actually have. When people see how brain dead the UK political left is then it's not unsurprising that the dumb right can grow its support at an alarming rate.

If you came out of "Angry Kid mode", stopped insulting people and attacked their often daft ideas, then you'd be a lot more effective Monsta.

It's like the BNP. Many rational people would go along with some of their less wild ideas. The problem is often not what is being said, but who is saying it, and how it is being said.

As you've pointed out I expected that intelligent people would understand that my saying !*!@# was simply an abbreviation for Chinese Takeway. But the PC crowd would rather focus on the fact that it could be seen as a derogatory reference to a Chinese person. Well it could, but only if you quite deliberately misconstrued what I was saying. But.. the PC crowd are very good at doing just that!

This is brilliant news for the people who do want to stir up racial hatred! Making neutral words like negro taboo is an excellent way to illustrate what a paucity of constructive ideas you actually have. When people see how brain dead the UK political left is then it's not unsurprising that the dumb right can grow its support at an alarming rate.

Well Said.

Its people like CK and his troupe who insist that saying things like "Black bags" is being racist, and instead we must all call them refuge sacks.

CK and co make racism an issue where it isn't.

In Newcastle last week I saw an Asian man shout '!*!@# ' at someone down the street. Turns out it was his black friend. Would any of you report him for race hate crimes, or approach him and tell him off?

Well Said.

Its people like CK and his troupe who insist that saying things like "Black bags" is being racist, and instead we must all call them refuge sacks.

In Newcastle last week I saw an Asian man shout '!*!@# ' at someone down the street. Turns out it was his black friend. Would any of you report him for race hate crimes, or approach him and tell him off?

(Now I'm waiting on Missvic editing out, or even better - completely changing my post in favour for a bad joke. Now where did I read that article... "When moderators suck?")

:D

the chinks at guidepost next to the queens pub is good

Guest missvic
Well Said.

(Now I'm waiting on Missvic editing out, or even better - completely changing my post in favour for a bad joke. Now where did I read that article... "When moderators suck?")

Should there be a reason to edit out your arguement Blank? As I'm sure you're well aware a list of plain expletives which come with the statement 'let's see how long it takes to get this deleted' is totally different to a reasonable constructive comment, is it not? And if things are posted only with the intention of winding folk up, it's interesting to see the reaction when the winder becomes the windee (so to speak!). There's so much talk of rights issues these days but very few of reponsibilities which should go alongside them, if not before. Perhaps until then the country will remain in it's present state with it's 'what's in it for me' as opposed to 'what can I do to make a change'. Cries of 'it's not fair', however, generally tend to come from the direction of those who contribute very little to making the world a better place.

As for your original point, I agree that the system isn't right to make racism a one-way issue, certainly it is not. Should the government (and the media) come down strong on white people making improper statements towards non-white people then it should also go the other way; if racism is going to become a criminal offence then it should not only cover one ethnicity, but all... this would include any ethnic group making derogatory comments about another. It should also, in my opinion, include these terms being used within an ethnic group (as will no doubt be discussed in the news today after the big brother 'scandal') if only so as not to anger those who lose the right to use it. The Scottish Executive seem to have taken this on (if web reports are correct), perhaps, like the smoking ban, the English will take it on board too?

Historically, however, racism has tended to be a one-way issue, with the white man and his empires built upon slavery, inequality and discrimation... it's easy to see why people do not want generalisations made about a race of people or certain derogatory slang being used. But if this should be the case, it should be consistant, not just to include one ethnic group or another. The race-hate laws seem to cover this, however we don't seem to see the other side of the coin... whether this be the fault of the media or the fact that living in the North we see it much less (I, personally blame the tablioids and maybe Rupert Murdoch!)

I can't really see a way out of the situation unless everyone conforms and agrees not to use certain words. Otherwise this arguement will continue to go on. And for us, on the site, why can't we all just agree to disagree and move on? Perhaps the rest of world will follow suit?!! And wouldn't that be great?! :)

Guest MONGO
"!*!@# " is a racist term. Can't we use "Chinese Takeaway" or "Chinese Restaurant"?

what stone did you crawl out from you tool people like you should be lined up along a wall with your bits cut off shoved in your mouth and shot people like you dont deserve to walk this earth you plank

what stone did you crawl out from you tool people like you should be lined up along a wall with your bits cut off shoved in your mouth and shot people like you dont deserve to walk this earth you plank

we all know he in love with abu hamsa or hooky! :lol:

Should there be a reason to edit out your arguement Blank?

Yes. I said the words 'Black bag' and '!*!@# '.

Also, I think it's fair enough editing posts where it needs to be done, but I disagree with re-writing them completely.

Getting back to food, the takeaway up from Ziggys does a nice Chicken Chow Mein.

who is Colonel Knowledge ive not been here long but it seems that not alot of people like him why? can anyone fill me in on this.

who is Colonel Knowledge ive not been here long but it seems that not alot of people like him why? can anyone fill me in on this.

he is political correctness gone wrong and a ******* stupid ****** face ******* ******* ********* ( just to save the mods time)

"!*!@# " is only a racist word if you`re referring to the actual chinese person..but if you`re referring to the actual meal,it isn`t racist..and that`s what most people are referring to when talking about "Favourite !*!@# "