Harry the Unhinged!

Wow, he's truly relying on the old aphorism "just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they aren't out to get you"!

“Unfortunately many of those friends, who became paranoid over the time, are no longer my friends.

“The more this happens over time, the less you share with people…I become paranoid about the people around me.”

There's a much simpler explanation for them no longer being your friends, and it's a great pity your self-confessed paranoia doesn't extend to your grifter of a wife.

Some tragically belated advice:  If you are going to voluntarily subject yourself to cross-examination by one of the hottest legal minds in the land, then don't write a 416-page manual of scandalous revelations for his crack team to pick through!  There were always very clear reasons the RF historically steered well clear of the courts.  Assuming these unwritten rules don't apply to you is going to result in a very costly lesson!

13 hours ago, Alan Edgar (Eggy1948) said:

... rather than reading daily newspapers

Well, the strange thing is that he's already admitted to never having read the articles that have allegedly caused him all this distress.  Apparently it's all about headlines causing people to think ill of him.  This is so self-evident that he doesn't really need his views corroborated by any of the people involved, and he doesn't need to provide any evidence of illegal activity.

If only judge Oprah Winfrey had taken this case, I reckon it would all have been over by now!

I will make the effort to switch off when the daily TV evening news is on during this 'phone-hacking trial':whistle:.

The last time I would have bought a newspaper would have been May 1990. Working in London, from 1987 to 1990, I started buying the Daily Express, not to read 'news' stories, to block out all the commuters on my daily underground tube journey into work. It was just to turn to the puzzle page after having a chuckle at reading the Calvin & Hobbs cartoon strip:punk:.  As I came home every Friday I had to but the Express on the Saturday to see how the weekly adventure of Calvin & Hobbs ended.

There were a team of technical authors on the project I was working on and they had started calling inn every week day to read Calvin & Hobbs. So I started keeping the five week days cartoon strip away fro the authors and took Saturdays newspaper to London with me the following week. Then cut out the six cartoon strips, photocopied them all onto an A4 sheet  and left the A4 sheet in the kitchen area where everyone went to make a cuppa.

So prior to going to work in London in 1987, having left school in 1965, I probably only bought half a dozen newspapers in those 22 years and I haven't bought one since 1990. :D

Buy a newspaper? We don’t have one! In the city (Edmonton) I think they still have two but the local stage coach no longer brings them  here, Oh that’s because the local stage coach no longer comes here! So we have to watch the very biased TV news or the follow faithful “Facebook” to get the “truth”

My mom used to send us the Sunday Post so we could follow Oor Willie and the Broon’s and Blyth News, I enjoy reading newspapers and I encourage friends to bring one back from their vacations, I like reading the different points of views especially from foreign counties.

The sad part is seeing politics and PC crowd have completely take over what we see and read, it was always there but not as bad as it is today. Now the only true news is in the obituaries.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vic Patterson said:

My mom used to send us the Sunday Post so we could follow Oor Willie and the Broon’s and Blyth News, I enjoy reading newspapers and I encourage friends to bring one back from their vacations, I like reading the different points of views especially from foreign counties.

The sad part is seeing politics and PC crowd have completely take over what we see and read, it was always there but not as bad as it is today. Now the only true news is in the obituaries.

Same Sunday paper my man and dad had delivered in the 1950's and 60's - Sunday Post. Now the weekly newspaper that I can remember from the same period, delivered on a Thursday, I think was called the Weekly News. Can't remember a Blyth News,b ut that's nothing unusual for me these days. 

Jacquie, following on from her mam, still buys her 3 cousins (aged between 59 and 64) the Oor Wullie or Broons annual every xmas. 

Wouldn't surprise me if new annuals started - The Windsors& Oor Harry:hug:

• Like 1

It's The Guardian for me every day and The Observer on a Sunday.  First started reading The Guardian in the school library when in the 6th Form and never stopped - 56 years and counting.  When at Uni in London my Mum used to send me The Pink every week to keep up with Toon's news ... back then you could buy a brown paper postal wrap to roll the newspaper in.

So, Sym has set himself up for incoming from the sneering right.  Poo!!!

As with all things Saxe-Coburg and Gotha I am critical of all their inherited wealth and privilage so switch off anything on the telly about them.  Of course, H ain't really one of them - some say he's a product of that liason between his mum and 'Ginger' James Hewitt.  His biggest crime as far as the loony right is concerned is taking up with a mixed-race woman.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Symptoms said:

So, Sym has set himself up for incoming from the sneering right.  Poo!!!

As with all things Saxe-Coburg and Gotha I am critical of all their inherited wealth and privilage so switch off anything on the telly about them.  Of course, H ain't really one of them - some say he's a product of that liason between his mum and 'Ginger' James Hewitt.  His biggest crime as far as the loony right is concerned is taking up with a mixed-race woman.

What do they sneer about Sym?  The revolution is now: it's actually about looking after those closest to you first. From there, an ever-widening circle of your local community - region - nation - allied nations.  It's not about being consumed with envy for those that have had (what you think) a luckier breaks in life, or stealing what they've got in the name of a constantly redefined equity - offering justifications derived from constantly changing meanings of words.

In case you never noticed: our country universally embraced Megan, until the moment she walked out on us and started ridiculing our country and revealing her two-faced nature.  Trying to portray it otherwise is very mean spirited.

So you don't want silly old Chuck for monarch?  Who are we going to appoint as head of state then?  What do you think is really going to happen if we open this too up to influence-peddling politicos?  If The Guardian ever sought to answer any of these questions without prevarication - or approximately portray the World as it really is - I might just be persuaded to consider some of their less delusional writer's output.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now