Riddle Time!

Cympil

Here's a good one that was in a newspaper quiz over the holiday. It 's not really a riddle but a kids maths question. It went something like this:

Tom has three apples in his pocket. Mary has four apples but has eaten half of one. Tom has eaten three quarters of one of his. An apple lorry has just spilled it's contents and each child can pick up two apples per five seconds with each hand. Tom has got one hand in his pocket and Mary didn't start picking any other apples until she had eaten that half of one. It takes four minutes and thirty five seconds to eat an apple.

Who has got the most apples after ten minutes?

Here's a good one that was in a newspaper quiz over the holiday. It 's not really a riddle but a kids maths question. It went something like this:

Tom has three apples in his pocket. Mary has four apples but has eaten half of one. Tom has eaten three quarters of one of his. An apple lorry has just spilled it's contents and each child can pick up two apples per five seconds with each hand. Tom has got one hand in his pocket and Mary didn't start picking any other apples until she had eaten that half of one. It takes four minutes and thirty five seconds to eat an apple.

Who has got the most apples after ten minutes?

mary

This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it? It looks so plain you would think nothing was wrong with it! In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is unusual though. Study it, and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out! Try to do so without any coaching!

This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it? It looks so plain you would think nothing was wrong with it! In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is unusual though. Study it, and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out! Try to do so without any coaching!

Can I have an E, please?

mary

The answer is Tom. The apple truck wasn't carrying any apples that day, it had been subcontracted out and had a consignment of deck chairs on board. Also, Tom had another five apples in his satchel that I forgot to mention earlier.

Guest missvic
The answer is Tom. The apple truck wasn't carrying any apples that day, it had been subcontracted out and had a consignment of deck chairs on board. Also, Tom had another five apples in his satchel that I forgot to mention earlier.

Charlie Brooker's Christmas Quiz! Our favourite misanthrope!

rip off ...........

• 2 weeks later...
A little sporting riddle for you, if I may.

Sunderland did it in 1979.

Villa did it in 1981.

Who, I say who, did it in 1980?

Answer that one and stay fashionable.

So it can`t be anything to do with winning something then?

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now