Spicy Beef Goulash

Cympil

I`ve made this loads of times and it`s lovely :D Plus it doesn`t half warm you up and it`s easy to make (No good for vegetarians but you could easily omit the meat and just add some pasta to the sauce and put lashings of strong cheddar on the top)

Ingredients

Heat oven to Gas Mark 4, Electric (see here)

Beef..either Braising steak or Rump Steak (or left over Roast Beef)

1 Large Onion

1 to 2 Cloves of garlic

Mixed peppers

2 or 3 Red Chillis

2/3 Teaspoons Paprika

2/3 Teaspoons Smoked Paprika

1 Large Onion

1 Tin of tomatoes

1 pint of beef stock (oxo cubes or knorr stock pot)

Tomatoe puree

Salt and Pepper to taste

If using raw beef, cut into chunks and brown in a splash of olive oil and a bit butter..when the beef is browned, remove it and set aside.

Next..add the onion, peppers, chilli and garlic to the pan that the beef had been cooked in (add a bit more butter and oil if needed)

Cook the ingredients for about 10/15 minutes (or until soft) then add the Smoked Paprika, paprika, tomatoe puree and mix well..

Next, add the tinned tomatoes and bring to the boil slowly..then add the 1 pint of your chosen stock.

Add your browned meat to the pan and add salt and pepper to taste.

Put into your pre-heated oven, low heat for at least 1.30/2 hours (if using beef from raw)

Stir half-way through and add salt/pepper/extra spices if needed.

Voila! Lovely Goulash :D

Serve with rice, maybe a bit of homemade garlic bread..

If cooking with left over roast beef, just follow the same steps but reduce the cooking times by 30 minutes i would say...

Enjoy :)

• Like 3

How many people does your recipe serve Cympil?

I've got a tenderloin steak in the fridge and since I already have the rest of the ingredients it'll make for a hassle free scran.

Might try serving it with pasta – what do you think?

How many people does your recipe serve Cympil?

I've got a tenderloin steak in the fridge and since I already have the rest of the ingredients it'll make for a hassle free scran.

Might try serving it with pasta – what do you think?

Well, for the amount i`ve given in the recipe it serves around 4 people and it`s lovely with pasta :D

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now