Something To Do On A Monday Night....

mercuryg

Shameless plug time - for anyone looking for Monday evening entertainment I am hosting a quiz at the Red Lion each Monday, starting tonight, at 8pm. Come along, have your tea and have a laugh with me.

You're all bloody useless! With the weather as it is I don't expect many to turn up tonight in all honesty. I'll be able to get on with me beer drinking then.

and the prize merc...............

A night out with me! The prize is 75% of the pot, with the other 25% rolling over for 4 weeks; participants get a raffle ticket when they pay, and the raffle is drawn every four weeks for the 'bonus'. Credit must be given, however, to the bunch of youngsters who won last night; they very generously gave their winnings back and asked for them to be aded to next weeks prize as an incentive to others to join in. We hear many tales of 'the yoof of today' etc but these late teens/early 20's lot saw the spirit of the game - to have a laugh an a bit of banter - and I think they deserve a mention for it.

• Like 1

Pleased it went well, Merc, Monday's a bad night for me, too, it's my Carmen Miranda crossdressing night, and to be honest last night wasn't the kind of weather for stilleto heels and a fruit salad turban. But I might try to get up in my Princess Leia Organa wire-mesh bra and panties in the summer.

A night out with me! The prize is 75% of the pot, with the other 25% rolling over for 4 weeks; participants get a raffle ticket when they pay, and the raffle is drawn every four weeks for the 'bonus'. Credit must be given, however, to the bunch of youngsters who won last night; they very generously gave their winnings back and asked for them to be aded to next weeks prize as an incentive to others to join in. We hear many tales of 'the yoof of today' etc but these late teens/early 20's lot saw the spirit of the game - to have a laugh an a bit of banter - and I think they deserve a mention for it.

Really warms the heart to hear something good about young people.

Really warms the heart to hear something good about young people.

Indeed it does, Canny Lass, but I might add that the vast majority of youngsters I know are great. This lot - and others there last night - were a lovely bunch.

Pleased it went well, Merc, Monday's a bad night for me, too, it's my Carmen Miranda crossdressing night, and to be honest last night wasn't the kind of weather for stilleto heels and a fruit salad turban. But I might try to get up in my Princess Leia Organa wire-mesh bra and panties in the summer.

Dont you dare, our outfits will clash. (I'm called Brenda after 8pm when the doors are locked and the curtains are closed) Edited by keith

I agree, most young folk are great and I'm glad they entered the spirit of the evening ... but, but, but never let them near the Jukebox. It'll be wall-to-wall gangsta rap music (?) all night long!

That's the advantage of a Wetherspoons establishment.....no music!

Indeed it does, Canny Lass, but I might add that the vast majority of youngsters I know are great. This lot - and others there last night - were a lovely bunch.

I agree whole heartedly. I think the majority are great as well. What was heart warming for me wasn't only what these youngsters did but actually HEARING about it. We 'adults' aren't too good at singing their praises in public. It's the odd few who've gone astray that hit that headlines, unfortunately.

Edited by Canny lass

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now