N
ew
A
*se
S
een
A
stronomically.

Haven't lost your sense of humour Keith, I'm pleased to see. What's happening on table 26 these Days? Haven't come across it yet but I've loads to wade through.

Haven't lost your sense of humour Keith, I'm pleased to see. What's happening on table 26 these Days? Haven't come across it yet but I've loads to wade through.

Hi Canny Lass, a few of us were getting worried when we hadn't heard from you for a while. Table 26 thought you had been abducted by aliens and we were going to launch a search and rescue mission. My sense of humour will always be there but it's taken a knock this year with three of my cats 'passing onto the other side', as they say. Good to hear from you again.

Edited by keith lockey

Ours has just gone too Keith.

Sorry to hear that, Malcolm, it's like losing a member of the family. It actually hit me hard because all my cats are rescue cats and the one that died last, Max, was seen by five different vets - from the same practice - and I got a different diagnosis from at least two. It cost me a small fortune and I'm getting disillusioned by vets and the way they charge fees. But three in the space of a year or more is soul-sapping and it's all money, money, money.

Sorry to hear that Keith, we lost ours almost two years ago, she was over 18 years old, we have had many offers of cats and dogs, kittens and puppies, but my wife was not ready.

Four weeks ago a stray kitty found us, and adopted us! Now Lippy (he was very vocal) has a vet appointment in two weeks. We don't have a vet in town and only get one every Wednesday, that's when they recoup their travel costs! $$$, Fixed, shots, licence etc, its a big road trip when they are sick or injured!

Hi Canny Lass, a few of us were getting worried when we hadn't heard from you for a while. Table 26 thought you had been abducted by aliens and we were going to launch a search and rescue mission. My sense of humour will always be there but it's taken a knock this year with three of my cats 'passing onto the other side', as they say. Good to hear from you again.

There are no Words that I can say that will take away the great pain you must be feeling right now. A couple of years ago I lost two 20-year olds within eight weeks of each other. it was a devestating experience. However, I had lots of Lovely memories as a result of having them so long. I'm sure you, and Malcolm, have too. Now's the time to get those memories out and look back on all the fun you've had laughing at their Antics. Think about those Cold Winter evenings when your cat has, more than willingly, supplemented the central heating without asking for anything in return. Think about how your cat was able to drape him/herself irresistably anywhere at all in order to get you to open the fridge door.Cats are just wonderful. Anybody who hates them must have been a mouse in a previous Life. Allow yourself the time to mourn your loss. It's not selfish and despite what some say, it isn't daft either. One day, when the pain has subsided, you'll suddenly realise that the time is right to invite Another cat into your home.

The memories are good, Canny Lass, and I have the other four - a little kitty found its way to my house last year and decided to stay - now it is a huge black and white beast which weighs a ton.

Vic, did you say licence - for a cat! Is that right in your neck of the woods?

Edited by keith lockey

Local bylaws allow three animals, two and one, cats or dogs but not everyone follows it! I think it is $20 per year for dog same for cats, our last cat was a house cat, and never went outside, hence no tag! (in the past we lost too many cats to the coyotes and other wild beasties.)

There are no Words that I can say that will take away the great pain you must be feeling right now. A couple of years ago I lost two 20-year olds within eight weeks of each other. it was a devestating experience. However, I had lots of Lovely memories as a result of having them so long. I'm sure you, and Malcolm, have too. Now's the time to get those memories out and look back on all the fun you've had laughing at their Antics. Think about those Cold Winter evenings when your cat has, more than willingly, supplemented the central heating without asking for anything in return. Think about how your cat was able to drape him/herself irresistably anywhere at all in order to get you to open the fridge door.Cats are just wonderful. Anybody who hates them must have been a mouse in a previous Life. Allow yourself the time to mourn your loss. It's not selfish and despite what some say, it isn't daft either. One day, when the pain has subsided, you'll suddenly realise that the time is right to invite Another cat into your home.

Actually Canny lass I wasn't really a cat person until I took two kittens off a guy who was mistreating them. One died having kittens and the other cost us a bomb at the vets because she had kittens at the same time as her sister and the cat rescue place wouldn't take the kittens until we proved we had the mother sterilised.

I have climbed roofs to get her back, I have climbed trees to get her back and I have chased foxes away who had made her climb the trees is the first place. She has been under more cars than enough and used up every one of her 9 lives. I drove 18hrs to use the Chunnel and get her and our dog back here and they both had to have their own passports with all the appropriate veterinary stamps.

It was a really pathetic sight in her last few days because she just stopped eating and lay down. The vet said it was just her time and that she had obviously had a better life than most.

Seemingly cats often do this just before the end?

KeithL wrote, "... - a little kitty found its way to my house last year and decided to stay - now it is a huge black and white beast which weighs a ton."

The Beast of Bedlington perhaps?

Spread the story far and wide and maybe Bedders will be the new Bodmin.

Actually Canny lass I wasn't really a cat person until I took two kittens off a guy who was mistreating them. One died having kittens and the other cost us a bomb at the vets because she had kittens at the same time as her sister and the cat rescue place wouldn't take the kittens until we proved we had the mother sterilised.

I have climbed roofs to get her back, I have climbed trees to get her back and I have chased foxes away who had made her climb the trees is the first place. She has been under more cars than enough and used up every one of her 9 lives. I drove 18hrs to use the Chunnel and get her and our dog back here and they both had to have their own passports with all the appropriate veterinary stamps.

It was a really pathetic sight in her last few days because she just stopped eating and lay down. The vet said it was just her time and that she had obviously had a better life than most.

Seemingly cats often do this just before the end?

Well, you obviously weren't a mouse in a former Life Malcolm! I was always a dog kind of person myself before I moved here, to a house in the forest over run with mice. Couldn't live without one (or two) now.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now