Gibralta - Is Your Union Jack Properly Laundered?

threegee

And Gibraltar is fast becoming the Falklands in the Med! HMG warship on its way, Spain imposing high charges and refusing access to airspace.

Watch that space this next week!

One MEP urges..........don't go to Spain on holiday!

http://www.theolivep...spain-says-mep/

Caution on this one I think - it's all politics! A Falklands style crisis would suit Cameron hugely (but it needs careful management to crescendo at the right time), and right now the Spanish lot are in deep doodoo and need a distraction from their own domestic troubles. The threats of "economic war" are laughable. Spain is in no position to wage an economic war with Bongo-bongo (a Clarkian term I use mainly to wind-up Guardianistas - as does UKIP ;) ) let alone a major world currency.

So, this is all mutually convenient. Joe Average, and Mr Floating Voter*, would do well to keep the Union Jack inside for just now, ignore the jingoism in the "popular press", and watch things develop with detached amusement.

*Explanation for Guardian readers: this sexist grammar - in it's historically accepted form - implies the full, fair and non-discriminatory inclusion in the democratic process of Josephine Average and Ms Floating Voter.

The Forum's resident Guardianista cannot be wound up. GGG knows full well that this Guardianista is happy that the English language should be used in all its full majesty and should never be censored (apart from self-censored maybe). However, that right to colourfully declare what most right-thinking folks see as offensive, must come with the expectation to be challenged by the 'forces of reason'.

The hypocracy of the Spanish is amazing when you consider that they were historically the biggest perpertrators of vicious world-wide military colonisation, even worse than the Brits. They even today have a couple of colonies in North Africa, namely, Ceuta and Melilla. Oh, and let's not forget the Canary Islands.

Personal abuse is an interesting form of argument Symptoms.

The Guardian is usually fair minded about most issues.

However none of us are perfect all the time.

You have to be scared of the politicians who claim the moral high ground.

The truth is the only certainty.

All to often the truth is warped to suit a particular viewpoint, or hidden from public knowledge.

I say we send a regiment of bonny lads over there to give them swarthy-skinned sons of Cortes a good yarking.

We'll name ourselves the Bedlington Offensive Land Legion Of Crusading Kinsman (BOLLOCKs)

Or how about the Gibralter Operational New Army Desperado Section (GONADS)

Or even better - the Barbary Apes Deserve Assistance Sometime Soon (BADASS)

We'll fight them on the peaches, we'll fight them under the sheets, we'll do the hokey cokey and shake it all about…what's that nurse, I'll feel a little prick!!!

I say we send a regiment of bonny lads over there to give them swarthy-skinned sons of Cortes a good yarking.

We'll name ourselves the Bedlington Offensive Land Legion Of Crusading Kinsman (BOLLOCKs)

Or how about the Gibralter Operational New Army Desperado Section (GONADS)

Or even better - the Barbary Apes Deserve Assistance Sometime Soon (BADASS)

We'll fight them on the peaches, we'll fight them under the sheets, we'll do the hokey cokey and shake it all about…what's that nurse, I'll feel a little prick!!!

Good one Keefy

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now