Wind Turbines

Today in the journal they are talking Nuclear energy.

I guess the decision is wind,nuclear, bio mass, coal, or even wave power.

Perhaps if the government were to allow us all small wind turbines we might feel differently.

The subsidies that we are paying through our power bills are, just maybe, going to the wrong people.

Would it help to have Generators that are owned by the individual

I know the national grid was partly thought up by the Gosforth Company of Mertz and Maclellan, Maybe the time has come for someone to help us all with our own power supply which would bypass the grid.

I have been thinking along similar lines for some time Maggie.

If Northumberland has so many more windmills than any other county and is in fact more than self-sufficient in power generation shouldn't we all be getting free electricity if it's us that has to put up with having the generators in our back yard? That would be a pay back and no doubt we would soon see huge turbines in the Home Counties if it was the case!

You could be right.

My solution would be to put these turbines along side chimneys.

In the South maybe London. ( Houses of Parliament, Downing Street etc)

Nothing wrong with riot control.

Remember you are one of the chosen ones now.

Town councillors unite.

Just as well we all have a sense of humour.

That picture is a new college built in Sheffield.

I just wonder how much energy is produced, and for who.

If it is such a good idea, why not for all of us and not just for the rich boys in subsidies.

The Turbines at Blythe go up are pulled down and no one seems to have any real data about their viability.

I guess in time we will find out the truth.

The Turbines keep changing in and around Blyth.

Sometimes they have the blades sometimes not.

Synergy were talking to, I think, the MP for Blyth and the wind farm is to be extensive.

The views from Newbiggin North Seaton etc all change.

I do not watch constantly but each time I look something is different.

The why and wherefore of these things fascinate me.

I just am not sure we can trust the technology.

The other point is the subsidies which maybe twist the market.

The why and wherefore of these things fascinate me.

I just am not sure we can trust the technology.

We've been trusting the technology here for years Maggie. It works just fine. Everybody here wants wind turbines BUT nobody wants them in their back garden!! Unfortunately they have very large back gardens. It's a real headache. I personally Think they are quite attractive but could be improved if they were painted to look like flowers (pink/ blue/red petals, yellow centre, green stalk). It could be like a field of poppies swaying in the wind! I Think there's something soothing about the steady motion of a wind turbine. A possible alternative to NHS prescribed tranquilizers.

Modern technology is very good and improving, at work we have built a "Green Building†(a gun range/ training building) it has two wind powered generators (was going to be one large but two smaller are higher cost but easier serviced etc) and we also have a large solar panel array. The solar and wind turbines both feed the green building, the building also has solar heat windows/ shutters and heat walls also composting toilets.

Most days we are putting power back into the grid, and getting paid for it!

We are now being funded to add LED outside lighting and Solar/LED roadway lighting!

That being said we don't have neighbours or aesthetics to consider!

That is realty interesting Vic.

The technology is there but all to often we do not hear about it. Not in the right way.

Generators and producing our own power would be my ideal.

We are paying huge sums for Turbines through our power bills and taxes, a lot of that seems to go in subsidies.

If all the information was clear and transparent we would feel different I am sure.

Because the turbines can go up and then down without anyone knowing what is happening, it leads to mistrust.

If it was a high rise block of flats it would be different. More information!

• 3 weeks later...

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now