Questions And Answers

Dave

A mate of mine wants to know how to put old VHS tapes onto DVD with his PC anyone know how to do it please as ive given up :)

you need to buy a converter! just type in vhs to dvd in google!!!or some companies do it for a fee!

A mate of mine wants to know how to put old VHS tapes onto DVD with his PC anyone know how to do it please as ive given up :)

Spoke to a mate, and he says its real easy, so long as you have the right gear.

first you need a way of transfering the media from vhs to your pc. apparently you need a TV Card for this, available for a few quid off That online auction site that is in no way as good as Free Bedlington.co.uk Classifieds.

Once you have the tv card, you need the software to record whats coming thru the tv card. This software is available from www.download.com, but obviously the better programs cost money. if your 'mate' wants to pay thats fine, if not, some come with a 30 day trial, so not a bad deal if you know what you want done and have them ready :-)

Now, depending on the program you download to 'rip' the vhs tape, you may need a conversion program that will convert the recorded footage from the current form (normally .avi) to a dvd readable format. Programs like Nero 7 and Dvd Santa do all this fairly easily, with just a few clicks of the mouse.

But, as mentioned before, a few more quid spent will get you the software that will rip the vhs tape and write it straight to dvd, but it depends how much you want to spend.

If you need any further advice, i'll pass your contact details over to my friend who will talk you thru the process, otherwise simply typing 'vhs to dvd' in a web browser will bring up many results of companys willing to do the conversion for you for as little as £4.99 per tape.

I hope this was of some help,

Mr Darn.

Spoke to a mate, and he says its real easy, so long as you have the right gear.

first you need a way of transfering the media from vhs to your pc. apparently you need a TV Card for this, available for a few quid off That online auction site that is in no way as good as Free Bedlington.co.uk Classifieds.

Once you have the tv card, you need the software to record whats coming thru the tv card. This software is available from www.download.com, but obviously the better programs cost money. if your 'mate' wants to pay thats fine, if not, some come with a 30 day trial, so not a bad deal if you know what you want done and have them ready :-)

Now, depending on the program you download to 'rip' the vhs tape, you may need a conversion program that will convert the recorded footage from the current form (normally .avi) to a dvd readable format. Programs like Nero 7 and Dvd Santa do all this fairly easily, with just a few clicks of the mouse.

But, as mentioned before, a few more quid spent will get you the software that will rip the vhs tape and write it straight to dvd, but it depends how much you want to spend.

If you need any further advice, i'll pass your contact details over to my friend who will talk you thru the process, otherwise simply typing 'vhs to dvd' in a web browser will bring up many results of companys willing to do the conversion for you for as little as £4.99 per tape.

I hope this was of some help,

Mr Darn.

Cheers for the help

why don't you just download them again cause the quality will be horrid!

why don't you just download them again cause the quality will be horrid!

Its home vids of my old band playing in the Sun Inn from 1993 ..and theres a funny as f*** one where we get kicked out of the fox cover in ashington cos we started playing heavy stuff in front of a load of old folk.. :D wanted a copy b4 the tape breaks

Its home vids of my old band playing in the Sun Inn from 1993 ..and theres a funny as f*** one where we get kicked out of the fox cover in ashington cos we started playing heavy stuff in front of a load of old folk.. :D wanted a copy b4 the tape breaks

i personally would get it done professionally for peace of mind and it will probably work out cheaper. plus they'll be responsible if the tape breaks while transferring it!

i personally would get it done professionally for peace of mind and it will probably work out cheaper. plus they'll be responsible if the tape breaks while transferring it!

Oh my god, i think monsta has posted his first ever sensible post!

And Dave, you'll have to upload that video sometime and give us all a laugh.

Oh my god, i think monsta has posted his first ever sensible post!

And Dave, you'll have to upload that video sometime and give us all a laugh.

Aye the looks on there faces i will never forget :lol: hahahaha. Should have played some engelburt humperdink

Quando quando quandoooo ... its great after the first song an old fella gave us one hand clap ..and the best bit was the singer said 'thanks alot' :lol::lol::lol:

Aye the looks on there faces i will never forget :lol: hahahaha. Should have played some engelburt humperdink

Quando quando quandoooo ... its great after the first song an old fella gave us one hand clap ..and the best bit was the singer said 'thanks alot' :lol::lol::lol:

I have got a tape of relic! 'Water running down my wondow, looks like tear drops to me.'

Guest missvic
I have got a tape of relic! 'Water running down my wondow, looks like tear drops to me.'

"All the little creatures with all the little features... Sitting on my own, in my garden of stone"

Pure Relic Goodness

:D

Heavy stuff? Like Maroon 5?

Guest missvic

I was there! Well, until I got kicked out for being extremely underage...

as I did at the 100 club back in '77...

"All the little creatures with all the little features... Sitting on my own, in my garden of stone"

Pure Relic Goodness

:D

Yeah that lyric was difficult .. what else goes with creatures . It was late and the clock was running on the studio time :unsure: but it seemed to work.

Guest missvic
Yeah that lyric was difficult .. what else goes with creatures . It was late and the clock was running on the studio time :unsure: but it seemed to work.

Is there going to be a Relic reunion any time soon, like I believe was once suggested?

I'll book the community centre, you get the suppies of Thunderbird and 20/20 :blink:

Is there going to be a Relic reunion any time soon, like I believe was once suggested?

I'll book the community centre, you get the suppies of Thunderbird and 20/20 :blink:

Never say never .. but im currently working on a solo ' Project ' :lol::lol::lol: - plus I havent seen the singer since 2002 and even then he was incoherent and trance like :( .. last i heard he was doing his teacher training hahaha :o

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone help... my pc has lost its settings due to a power out during shutting down. Now MSN messenger wont work and lots of other programs like my Mcafee virus go wierd when doing updates, plus youtube wont start unless i use another browser. Anyone know how to get settings back? or return internet settings . I think its in that area but im not sure.. thanks

Can anyone help... my pc has lost its settings due to a power out during shutting down. Now MSN messenger wont work and lots of other programs like my Mcafee virus go wierd when doing updates, plus youtube wont start unless i use another browser. Anyone know how to get settings back? or return internet settings . I think its in that area but im not sure.. thanks

what browser do you use? is it fire fox?

for that matter what operating system do you use? xp i bet! if so have you tried system restore point? if you use a mac shame on you!!!!

for that matter what operating system do you use? xp i bet! if so have you tried system restore point? if you use a mac shame on you!!!!

Well im on AOL use XP and the browser that works is firefox. but MSN wont work .. which is really annoying the missus