Questions And Answers

Dave

I've had loads of bother with MSN... the quickest thing to do would be to download it again.

From here:

http://imagine-msn.com/messenger/launch/en-GB/

yeah that should solve it!

yeah that should solve it!

you could try deleting your cookies! you might have a corrupt cookie stopping pages from loading properly

Is there any wiz kids on the board that can give me some information about Moodle or Bodington open source software?

e-learning ? apart from that I'm mystified! and ones open source!

e-learning eh?

Yes but I need some information. I have a copy of Bodington on CD the instructions that came with it say place the disk in the drive and then reboot the computer, I have tried this and nothing happens. Does this software have to be run from a server or can it be run from a stand alone computer?

Yes but I need some information. I have a copy of Bodington on CD the instructions that came with it say place the disk in the drive and then reboot the computer, I have tried this and nothing happens. Does this software have to be run from a server or can it be run from a stand alone computer?

it's probably your boot sequence! you need to change it so the disk drive has priority that will make it boot from the cd instead of your hard drive! you need to enter the bios settings to alter this!

it's probably your boot sequence! you need to change it so the disk drive has priority that will make it boot from the cd instead of your hard drive! you need to enter the bios settings to alter this!

Thanks Monsta I will try that and let you know what happens.

Guest mongo
quick question! is anyone else experiencing really slow internet speeds? it's supposed to be 8meg more like 56k :blink:

aye mine is !*!@# slow im on 8meg and my speeds are crap im through that eclipse broadband but wont be for long if it keeps going like this been slow for about a month dont know if bt has anything to do with it like :(

Guest missvic
quick question! is anyone else experiencing really slow internet speeds? it's supposed to be 8meg more like 56k :blink:

Mine is slow too! (See... we do have something in common! :D )

What do you think to be the problem Monsta? I'm guessing it's something to do with new cables... or maybe the weather?

aye mine is !*!@# slow im on 8meg and my speeds are crap im through that eclipse broadband but wont be for long if it keeps going like this been slow for about a month dont know if bt has anything to do with it like :(

It depends on the take up of an particular ISP in a particular area, BT sells chunks of bandwidth to an ISP, who sell bandwidth to domestic users....if a bunch of folk have say all gone for Eclipse, your speeds will go down at peak times because all the contingency has been used up by all the other people using the same broadband service as you...i.e. the bit of slack that means that you can get "up to 8Mb" is being used by the other people in your area who you share an ISP with.

Hopefully that makes some sense......

Mine is slow too! (See... we do have something in common! :D )

What do you think to be the problem Monsta? I'm guessing it's something to do with new cables... or maybe the weather?

Mines slow and I dont live in Bedlington, BT's my problem.

Mines slow and I dont live in Bedlington, BT's my problem.

its that bt exchange me phone be screwed since they upgraded it! but it seems to work when the engineers come out! fn typical :blink:

Guest mongo
It depends on the take up of an particular ISP in a particular area, BT sells chunks of bandwidth to an ISP, who sell bandwidth to domestic users....if a bunch of folk have say all gone for Eclipse, your speeds will go down at peak times because all the contingency has been used up by all the other people using the same broadband service as you...i.e. the bit of slack that means that you can get "up to 8Mb" is being used by the other people in your area who you share an ISP with.

yep cheers for that :)

that maybe true but it doesn't explain the snail like speed I'm getting! is every one in bedlington on eclipse like? no i think its a problem at the exchange!

that maybe true but it doesn't explain the snail like speed I'm getting! is every one in bedlington on eclipse like? no i think its a problem at the exchange!

I`m on AOL and my comp has been very slow,it keeps losing the connection too :angry:

At this juncture, a lesser man* would simply say "Good!". Not me though, I wish you all the best with your ailing computer.

*Pencil Neck.

very sporting of you sir! :blink: