Hacked Off: Cyber Terrorism

"At the beginning of 2006 the US government tried to hack into some of the UK's key computer systems as part of a massive war game to test the nation's vulnerability to cyber attacks.

In different exercises, the US military and various universities challenged the security skills of cadets and students.

Operation Cyber Storm was a week-long exercise that imitated the effects of a large-scale online attack and involved more than 100 public and private agencies, banks, power stations and IT companies such as Microsoft, Cisco and VeriSign.

It was carried out by the Department of Homeland Security and supported by the UK's Ministry of Defence and National Infrastructure Security Co-ordination Centre (NISCC, www.niscc.gov.uk) – a part of MI5 that works towards minimising the risk of an electronic attack in the UK.

For the simulation, different scenarios were played out, including hackers trying to shut down electricity in ten states. A full report on the results is expected but Cyber Storm is believed to have caused only a small amount of disruption. The Home Office has confirmed that similar exercises are planned in the UK but no details have been announced yet."

Wouldnt it be great to be involved in something like that?

Oh my god Monsta, have bigger ambitions in life will ya?

'Ere,'ere, I don't think MI5 could really be arsed, especially considering the current standard of content...i.e. "you're gay", "no really I'm not", "you can't spell", etc and some actual slander...like they are going to give a monkeys chuff....

Sorry mate, but there's no orange jumpsuits, leg irons or gitmo about to feature in anyone lurking around heres future....