Good Places Bad Places

hi there, new to the site but ive been lurking for a while now. just wanted some opinions from anyone as to where are good places to live in bedlington. ie best and worst areas.

been looking around and found a few nice places, but just been trying to obtain a bit of local knowledge.

i want to avoid chavs and troubled areas. not to bothered about living on a big new estate because im sick of nosey neighbours. just want a nice place that is not snobby and not the pits.

where are regarded the nice places to live.

thanks all....... :D

hi there, new to the site but ive been lurking for a while now. just wanted some opinions from anyone as to where are good places to live in bedlington. ie best and worst areas.

been looking around and found a few nice places, but just been trying to obtain a bit of local knowledge.

i want to avoid chavs and troubled areas. not to bothered about living on a big new estate because im sick of nosey neighbours. just want a nice place that is not snobby and not the pits.

avoid burnside, queen and kings road infact avoid the station, tell you were i think is quite nice the newish estate where wadies farm used to be! beside the cricket club! also avoid the top end places like the chesters and mill field oh why not try beatie road thats a nice place :blink: if your from war torn bosnia! :lol:

tell you a good place to live the prefabs beside the oval! yes there mangy sh*** holes but the good thing is there soon to be dimolished! and the council will have to rehome you!

Edited by Mr Darn

How do they dish out school places in Bedlington these days? Do the 5 year olds go to the nearest Primary then when older all go to the same Upper? If so, then if you've got little kids Primary catchment area might be an important consideration in picking an area to buy a house. Where I am parents are doing all manner of under-hand things to get their kids into the 'right' Primary schools - bogus addresses, temp lodgings with friends near the school they want, etc.

When I lived in Bedlington (in the 60's) the area around the Riggs had a certain 'something' about it. Maybe it was because most of the houses were privately owned, whilst the majority of places in Bedlington were rented from the Council or NCB. I bet the perception about the Riggs persists to this day even though there are bound to have been many 'new' estates established in the last 30 years or so.

When buying a place visit the area at different times of the day and week (noise issues will be different) and look-out for brat-gatherings.

• 3 weeks later...
Northumberland County Council get their way West End and Meadowdale won't be there!!! :angry:

Nothing wrong with Bedlington and also depends whether you can drive a car and how far you wanna live form the main street.

I recommend Beaufront Park, not to big and not full of snobs

Welcome to Northumberland's very own Portmeirion.

The guy driving around in the Lotus 7 is Denzel.

Take a look at the Havelock, but it does have that nosey neighbour problem, unavoidable in Bedlington. :blink:

The guy driving around in the Lotus 7 is Denzel.

Take a look at the Havelock, but it does have that nosey neighbour problem, unavoidable in Bedlington. :blink:

Lotus 7's are just so passe, I drive a Lamborghini Diablo, as I know it helps to keep the seal pup population down.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now