The Big Battery Factory

Symptoms

Pity they aren't interested in establishing themselves here! Northvolt premises should be available soon! They promised the earth but despite having thousands employed they haven't been able to produce more than 5% of what they promised. BMW, one of their biggest investors has withdrawn an order for billions because Northvolt simply isn't meeting the promised production and Scania have done likewise. Plans for a further three factories has been placed on hold. Soon there won't be any need for batteries here as sales of EVs has plummeted because of the uncertainty. Having said that, it hasn't helped that Northvolt has had a spate of 'mysterious deaths 'at their factory this year or that petrol prices have reached an all-time low.

• Like 2

Ditto Canada. Our government is also pouring BILLIONS of dollars into foreign companies to build batteries but we are still to see production! or any significant improvement in battery technology that make EV's viable in our climate and geography.

Steam and electricity were the automobile preferred means of power until gasoline/petrol took over, (gasoline/petrol was a discarded byproduct) when and if they improve EV's to be at least as practical  in all environments, and not just city driving. Industry will be clamouring to build batteries and not having to be bribed too!

I don't see ANY proposals for remote or emergency electrical generation that presently uses IC. I rely on my small IC generator for our power outages, especially at -40c or +30c! I can see small nuclear power packs! I still think tidal power is still the largest unharness source of global power! 

I do hope that the proposed Data Center is built, even if the employment numbers aren't as large as advertised, there is still construction and then maintenance.

• Like 1

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now