• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heres a miserable poem just for dave!

I see you did not try to save

The bouquet of white flowers I gave;

So fast they wither on your grave.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: He`ll love that..hope he`s got a hanky handy :lol:

Wey since am in the same place as Blank and the others...pretty much the same :lol:

Bah..that was canny boring ZZzzzzzzzzz :lol:

Its all changed here, the sun is shinning am outside on me laptop ave got a pint of Guinness and me tabs. Its just like being on holiday.

:D

So the smoking ban really works?

BINGO clubs suffering from the downturn caused by the smoking ban are calling on MSPs to help the industry.

Sir Peter Fry, the former Tory MP will join representatives from clubs across Scotland at the public petitions committee.

The group claims bingo halls are more highly taxed than other "harder" gaming products and have suffered a loss in punters because of the smoking ban.

They said smaller clubs will be the first to be forced shut by these problems, depriving remote communities of important entertainment.

The petition reads: "The industry in Scotland needs the Scottish Parliament to urge the Scottish Executive to make clear representation to the UK government calling for bingo to be taxed in the same way as the rest of the industry."

Publicans will also be appearing at the committee to complain about the effects of the smoking ban and call for designated smoking areas to be allowed in pubs.

Taken from the Scotsman.

Sales down c.11%. Bring back the snoots.

people not getting cancer from secondary smoke up 100% ah you can smell the beer in the air not dirty !*!@# smoke!

Stay in your house then. If you want to be healthy avoid the pub.

Stay in your house then. If you want to be healthy avoid the pub.

why should i have to stop in cause your inconsiderate! smoke oot side by all means kill ya sell! let the rest of us live!

Let us not forget that the smoking ban (some say "No smoking ban") was introduced to protect non-smoking employees from the cancerous effects of passive smoking.

While it may be a massive shame that smokers have to move five yards to go and stand outside in the company of their fellow addicts, let us not go confusing their plight with that of the starvin' marvins in Africa, or our brave boys getting blown up for no particular cause in Iraq.

Let us not forget that the smoking ban (some say "No smoking ban") was introduced to protect non-smoking employees from the cancerous effects of passive smoking.

While it may be a massive shame that smokers have to move five yards to go and stand outside in the company of their fellow addicts, let us not go confusing their plight with that of the starvin' marvins in Africa, or our brave boys getting blown up for no particular cause in Iraq.

indeed!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now