Why Close Threads?

Monsta®

why have all the threads been closed? i havent been on for a bit and i cant have my say in any old threads! why is this so

i find it very stupid closing threads as it limits what people can talk about!

thats another nail in bedlington.co.uk's coffin for me!

next i'll find out that all posts have to be premoderated like the bbc!!!

bollicks! is what i say to this!

is this site now government run? feels like it! you should change the name to bedlington.gov.uk/Im in with the wdc/backskuttled.jpg!!!!

they shouldn't have to be re opened!!

no, what shouldnt happen is people shouldnt change them. unfortunatly we have been forced into this position as certain members have been changing their posts in old threads to reveal indecent content.

unfortunatly this change does not alert the moderators, so the change can go unnoticed for a good while, offending visitors to the site that are 'reading from scratch'.

Now, should this childish behavour not have happened, their would be no need to close threads.

Besides, its easy enough to open a new thread on the same subject ;)

I completly agree with your quote above tho....

no, what shouldnt happen is people shouldnt change them. unfortunatly we have been forced into this position as certain members have been changing their posts in old threads to reveal indecent content.

unfortunatly this change does not alert the moderators, so the change can go unnoticed for a good while, offending visitors to the site that are 'reading from scratch'.

Now, should this childish behavour not have happened, their would be no need to close threads.

Besides, its easy enough to open a new thread on the same subject ;)

I completly agree with your quote above tho....

here's a thought why dont you just close tampered posts and ban the people responcible! or take there edit priveledge away?

i dont have the power to remove privalidges, only to suspend accounts. and its been the case that we dont know who's doing it till well after its done. This way means we only have a weeks worth of threads to look thru at a time, rather than months. I'm moving this to chat central, as i think its more chat than discussion of bedlington.

i dont have the power to remove privalidges, only to suspend accounts. and its been the case that we dont know who's doing it till well after its done. This way means we only have a weeks worth of threads to look thru at a time, rather than months. I'm moving this to chat central, as i think its more chat than discussion of bedlington.

sorry but it could only be one person as users only have tha ability to edit there own posts? unless it was a mod or leader doing it!!!!!

sorry but it could only be one person as users only have tha ability to edit there own posts? unless it was a mod or leader doing it!!!!!

yes, and this would be great if the same person started, replied and ended each thread with no other intervention, unfortunatly several different users post on each thread, leaving several people capable, in each thread, of modifying their own posts. This first user has shown us a flaw in the system, and the only alternative is to remove all users editing ability, which i think would cause more of an outrage than an old topic being closed, thats if it can be done.

Anyways, this is the decision that has been made, the only thing left to decide is the length of time before an inactive thread is checked and closed. Obviously this will only be decided from the input of the members, ie, how often were called to re-open posts. if, after a week, a post is closed, and no request for a reopen is recieved, a week is where it will stay. if we recieve many requests, it will be raised to 2 weeks, etc etc.

why have all the threads been closed? i havent been on for a bit and i cant have my say in any old threads! why is this so

i find it very stupid closing threads as it limits what people can talk about!

thats another nail in bedlington.co.uk's coffin for me!

next i'll find out that all posts have to be premoderated like the bbc!!!

bollicks! is what i say to this!

is this site now government run? feels like it! you should change the name to bedlington.gov.uk/Im in with the wdc/backskuttled.jpg!!!!

Miss Vic's into old threads.

so you've closed all the old thread in chat and talk of the town! what about the other sections like introduce ya sel there not closed? how come?

coz a quick look at the moderator section will reveal i dont have access to those forums.