Everything posted by Alan Edgar (Eggy1948)
-
Douglass House
@Ann Dobson - the name - Douglass House - does not ring any bells with me. I will ask around. Are you from the Bedlington, or surrounding area?
-
anniemarr
Welcome to the group @Lynn. @anniemarr who started this topic in 2019 hasn't logged back into the group since her last comment above on June 4th 2020. If a member registers to receive notifications if any member comments on their posts they will be notified via an email. I don't know if 'anniemar' has registered but I have attempted to notify her by preceding her login Id with an ampersand and that triggers off a notification.
-
1907.jpg
-
Jim McMaster3.jpg
Another of Jim McMaster's photos. This one of the Bedlington South signal box. This is an earlier photo and it shows the Railway Tavern (now a car park) close to the signal box.
-
Jim McMaster2.jpg
Another of Jim McMaster's photos. You can see the Bedlington North signal box, between the two sets of signals, at the start of the Barrington Road.
-
Jim McMaster 1.jpg
Photo and comment posted by Jim McMaster on the Facebook Past Times History group in 2014. I had a search, in 2014, of the www to see if I could find the answer to Jim's query about the Bedlington Railway Station having been built in Sleekburn but couldn't find any info.I did find a comment on the East Bedlington site but did not take a copy od the pdf document I just posted the following reply to Jim's posting :-
-
Bedlington Station Signal Box North.jpg
Photo posted by @johndawsonjune1955 on the Facebook group - Past Times History. ------------------------------------- Google street view image - 2009 Inside the signal box - June 7th 2013 - photo taken by Stephen Lewis :-
-
Bedlington railway station info.jpg
-
Councillor Robinson - Rail Link.
I voted for Newcastle.
-
Whitley Memorial
-
East Bedlington Parish Council Summer Holiday Activities
until
-
Cobbledicks shop ?
@Linray & @lynnewatson unfortunately there has only been a very small amount of info on the Old factory posted on this group. You would require access, that I don't have, to the 1911 & 1921 national census records to check out the house/flat numbers and the names of those who lived there.
-
Gate House, Bebside Furnace
@Linray if you enter the phrase - "old factory" -, with the quotation marks, into the search facility at the top right hand corner of the screen the system will return all the postings/comments that contain that phrase. You will see a few as -old factory - has been used a few times like the following that @Canny lass posted in the 'Cobbledicks Shop ?' topic :-
-
1950's Carron Cunningham.jpg
-
Welcome Edward & Jeff
- Dog In The Box - Platform 1
-
Councillor Robinson - Rail Link.
-
East Bedlington Parish Council - new member by 'co-option'
- St John's Church Summer Fair
until
- Gallagher Park Music Festival
until
- Central Northumberland Children's Centres
until
- Film Club - Platform 1
- Gallagher Park Music Festival - 16th July 2022
- The Big Battery Factory
- Full council meeting 06/07/22 (Sorry starts halfway through!)
I see affordable housing as a two bedroomed terraced house where the mortgage, normally around £100,000, would be cheaper than the cost of renting a similar property. So in todays market a first time buyer would have to have a £5,000 deposit + solicitors fees etc. to buy an affordable house. - St John's Church Summer Fair