Mr Darn

Cympil

any camera can be a good one! i had an extremely cheap and cheerful medium format camera. cost me about £20 new, made in russia and had no features. yet i still took some good pictures with it, as they say a professoinal never blames his tools.

i quite agree, it is the person behind the camera that makes the scene, however its the camera that creates the image quality.

a picture taken with a 2megapixel camera can look great at thumbnail size, but get it up to 2ft by 3ft and the image looks bad.

Sure, a kettle will boil water for a cup of tea, but when you need 30 cups, you need the tools.

i quite agree, it is the person behind the camera that makes the scene, however its the camera that creates the image quality.

a picture taken with a 2megapixel camera can look great at thumbnail size, but get it up to 2ft by 3ft and the image looks bad.

Sure, a kettle will boil water for a cup of tea, but when you need 30 cups, you need the tools.

it's not the tool it how you use it! like saying you need to drive to morpeth but the only tranport you will except is a ferrari! cause it looks flash! and it might get you there a tad quicker!

you need to weigh up what it is you need it for and cut the overkill!

it's not the tool it how you use it!

your saying you can take a picture of a landscape with a 2megapixel camera, and blow it up to a fairly big size without it looking bad?

you need to weigh up what it is you need it for and cut the overkill!

I am going to be using it to take pictures that i am going to sell. These pictures need to be of a quality that can be printed, after being cropped, to fairly big sizes.

i did look at those 100MP cameras but thats overkill, i believe 10-15MP is good enough.

10MP camera technology is at a stage now where you can get it reasonably cheap, however you can almost double the price for each 2 MP's over that, so 10MP it is!

-unless it takes off and i make a fortune, thats when the 100MP one will come into play ;)

Its a shame, as i have had requests for photos i have taken so far, but when i get them enlarged they just look poor! No-where near good enough quality to take money for. And thats annoying!

your saying you can take a picture of a landscape with a 2megapixel camera, and blow it up to a fairly big size without it looking bad?

yes look at me gallery that was took with a 4meg camera!

I am going to be using it to take pictures that i am going to sell. These pictures need to be of a quality that can be printed, after being cropped, to fairly big sizes.

i did look at those 100MP cameras but thats overkill, i believe 10-15MP is good enough.

10MP camera technology is at a stage now where you can get it reasonably cheap, however you can almost double the price for each 2 MP's over that, so 10MP it is!

-unless it takes off and i make a fortune, thats when the 100MP one will come into play ;)

Its a shame, as i have had requests for photos i have taken so far, but when i get them enlarged they just look poor! No-where near good enough quality to take money for. And thats annoying!

Am lost.....................................................help!

I think you need to look beyond the misunderstood standard of 'mega pixels' Mr. Darn.

Would you like to poiunt me in the right direction?

I was given the advice: a 4MP camera with a lens that gets the shot you want is much better than a 10MP camera picture you need to crop, which i understand.

i was assuming the MP rate was basically the number of different individual pixels per square inch the camera can process into a file. Is this wrong?

Would you like to poiunt me in the right direction?

I was given the advice: a 4MP camera with a lens that gets the shot you want is much better than a 10MP camera picture you need to crop, which i understand.

i was assuming the MP rate was basically the number of different individual pixels per square inch the camera can process into a file. Is this wrong?

depends on the lens manufacturer! and a 10mp camera will just take the same picture but make a larger file!

Yes, but would that larger file not contain a purer picture? enabling it to be enlarged by a bigger factor before distorting?

not realy as it will already be blown up! and if your lens is duff it will be terrible quality anyway!

But thats the idea. i want the image to be as big as possible at its normal size, so it looks clear, rather than having to blow up a smaller file and seeing the pixels.

nuf said! any way if you are going to spend money on a camera i would go for a canon eos or something similar making sure it has a quality lens! fuji have a nice selection of slr cameras!

nuf said! any way if you are going to spend money on a camera i would go for a canon eos or something similar making sure it has a quality lens! fuji have a nice selection of slr cameras!

So i have seen, however, still out of my price range at the moment.

I've been relegated to a 8MP without attachable lenses till i can afford it! (thats if she can find it!)

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now