Bliddy Ashington

Guest missvic

Guest missvic

Ashington gets all the best stuff: big museum, 2 unused business parks with another on the way, man on doormat, shops.

Bedlington gets nowt:

(nothing, see!)

All you 'haters' out there, get on the case instead of at each other...

Ashington gets all the best stuff: big museum, 2 unused business parks with another on the way, man on doormat, shops.

Bedlington gets nowt:

(nothing, see!)

At least we improve the gene pool :rolleyes:

Bedlington gets nowt:

(nothing, see!)

And they get three new Fresh councilors.

Bedlington gets nowt:

(nothing, see!)

They also get that ruddy great metal hoop at the entrance to the Jubilee industrial estate....urban regeneration people, madder than a barrel of mad monkeys on acid.....

They also get that ruddy great metal hoop at the entrance to the Jubilee industrial estate....urban regeneration people, madder than a barrel of mad monkeys on acid.....

that for the church it symbolizes ever lasting life! or something! :blink:

Bedlington gets nowt:

(nothing, see!)

Even this forum is owned by an Ashington company....lol

Even this forum is owned by an Ashington company....lol

so whats the problem with ashington anyway! i was born there! in good old ashington hospital so it cant be that bad?

so whats the problem with ashington anyway! i was born there! in good old ashington hospital so it cant be that bad?

I think a person's parents had to try very hard not to have their kids in Ashington hospital if you come from round 'ere as there isn't (or at least there wasn't during the 60's, 70's and 80's) really anywhere else with a labour ward within a 15 mile radius.

I think one of the reasons that Ashington is getting more help now is because people feel guilty about the royal seeing to that the town got after the minors strike. All told it was pretty much left to rot...plus unlike Bedlington, it wasn't the most attractive of towns to begin with.

I think a person's parents had to try very hard not to have their kids in Ashington hospital if you come from round 'ere as there isn't (or at least there wasn't during the 60's, 70's and 80's) really anywhere else with a labour ward within a 15 mile radius.

Post war very few people were born in Bedlington, my point? Monsta is proud to be an Ashingtonian.

Post war very few people were born in Bedlington, my point? Monsta is proud to be an Ashingtonian.

All I was commenting on was that if we were to apply a strict definition of who's "Bedlingtonian" or "Ashingtonian" based on whether or not you born in Ashington Hospital, this forum would be a very different place, and probably very quiet. ;)

I think one of the reasons that Ashington is getting more help now is because people feel guilty about the royal seeing to that the town got after the minors strike. All told it was pretty much left to rot...plus unlike Bedlington, it wasn't the most attractive of towns to begin with.

??????????????????????????

The problem was with the decision made years ago that Ashington HAD to be the commercial heart of WDC. Anyone with a bit of grey matter would have made Bedlington the heart as it lies about mid point of Morpeth, Ashington, Blyth and Cramlington. With that degree of bias and the political power base there both Newbiggin and Bedlignton were relegated to also rans'. Of course that decision could have been recinded but we never got councillors willing to tackle it, even when the majority of the ruling councillors came from Bedlingtonshire!

Best thing to do now is to impose passport controls on Stakeford bridge and declare independence for the Shire! At the very least we have a council offices we own!

...based on whether or not you born in Ashington Hospital...

Which Ashington Hospital would that be? The one they built in the centre of Ashington in preference to a more central location. Or the mega one they built in the backwoods of Ashington that's even more difficult to get to in an emergency?

Everyone write a letter to the MP ... who is the MP for round here anyway?

Even here Bedlington is between pillar and post!

But, the MP will say that it's a matter for the locally elected officials - and he'd be right! The fact that those councillors are from the very same party as him... well... fill in the blanks yourself! <_<

MEPs are ...Fiona Hall - Stephen Hughes - Martin Callanan ...Send them a letter as I dont think they actually do anything but draw a wage!!! googled "who is my MP" asnd theres a site where you can write to them came up.

Which Ashington Hospital would that be? The one they built in the centre of Ashington in preference to a more central location. Or the mega one they built in the backwoods of Ashington that's even more difficult to get to in an emergency?

That was the original Ashington hospital that was in the middle of Ashington and is now just a patch of waste ground where myself, a goodly wedge of my friends and most of my family popped into the world that I was referring to. To be honest I couldn't work out the Wansbeck was built where it was either....especially when nothing is being done with the land that the old hospital stood on.

why people get so upset cause ashington gets more than bedlington! is it not obvious why they get more! cause there !*!@# scary thats why! have you walked down the front street lately my god it's like silent hill or something!