Whats Happening In Bedlington

Pete

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes it used to be the Howard. Then they had a fire. Then all the customers started going to the Sun when me dad had it. It was great for business! Then it became the Tavern.

Thanks Ms Hair, I only remember it as the Howard Arms in fact when I went in on Saturday I didn't reconise the place. There used to be two rooms as I remember, there was the bar and the lounge and they used to have bands on in the lounge at the weekend, mind you that was early sixties.

what normally happens is that it doesnt get busy till about 9-10pm but now we hav started serving meals we should be a bit busier earlier on. the cracks all good though, everyone has a laugh thats the main thing, doesnt matter how many people are in as long as the ones who are are having a gud time!! :rolleyes:

Meals?! The paraffins who drink in there are only interested in chips.

Popular beat combo, I believe they've made it into the hit parade a few times.

Just to bring this back up, amazing live as i saw last night. Even made the Arena seem like a good venue.

I remember when we had magnifying classes that went on the front of the telly, we had a nine inch Bush and the magnifying class made it a 12 inch that was in the fifties. Ah well there some more usless information for you.

:D

Superb!

I remember when we had magnifying classes that went on the front of the telly, we had a nine inch Bush and the magnifying class made it a 12 inch that was in the fifties. Ah well there some more usless information for you.

He's not kidding, 9 inches was the norm.. :lol:

I can remember our very first video recorder. The 'remote' was attached to it with wires. There was acres of wire all over the living room carpet. My parents thought we were dead mod!

Which reminds me of the burglar alarm we had for a while. It was a shotgun wired up to the front door and loaded with blanks. Yes, it was a rural life.

probably worth a fortune!

still got the receipt?

Theres one on E-Bay, priced at £25 last time I looked, not sure what the original price of the redio was. Not got the receipt.

They still make batteries that are capable of powering it but the connectors are different and wont fit.

Ave still got a portable Bush radio bought in 1958 from Jimmy Milne's shop (valve type) with lift up lid. Problem is you cant get the batteries today so I dont know if it still works.

How much coal does it use up?!