Quiz Connections

keith lockey

WELL DONE MALCOLM ON GETTING THE SCARLET PUMPERNICKEL (?)

Now here is your prize.

As part of the Performance Using Kinetic Energy (PUKE) I am putting you forward for the Guillotines at Work Project (GAWP). This involves you actually testing old French Revolutionary guillotines in a hands-on manner – or hands off manner if you put them in the wrong place. Your part in this project will be to 'test-drive' old guillotines to see how effective they were. We want someone who is competent and calm and won't lose his head under stressful circumstances. The team has an expert to help you through the scheme and I have enclosed a photograph of her, she comes from the Tricoteuse in Timescale Study.

post-2953-0-18514900-1351445786_thumb.jp

I have forwarded a letter of introduction which you can read in the basket later.

Edited by keith lockey

Three out of four, Malcolm, well done. But no, the fourth isn't Batman. (PS Did you know Soylent Green was Edgar G's last film?)

The last one is one of my all time favourite scenes. (I will post the Youtube piece later.)

Keep guessing for four, peeps. Now I'm off to do some stripping, catch you all later.

MALCOLM ROBINSON - THIS WEEKS WINNER

Hallelujah praise be the Lord.

As your prize for guessing all four films I am sending you back in time to the days of prohibition America. No more guzzling down Gin or bandying with Bourbon; in fact no more of any of that, you will be alcohol free for a full month. And to enforce this new regime of righteousness we are placing you with the God-fearing family of which Ma Barker is the matriarch.

Helping her will be her sons, if they are out of prison that is. But fear not there are loads of Ma Barker's friends who will drop by and help you adjust; friends like Bonnie and her Beau Clyde from way down Louisiana. Then there is Uncle Al from Chicago. You can all pop down to the local Temperance Hall for some tea and muffins and indulge in a few hands of Old Maid. Many-a-time you will see bandsmen entering the basement halls carrying their violin cases with them; and often you can hear the staccato of their favourite instrument – the Chicago Piano. And as a special delight I have secured you a trip to Chicago on Valentine's day. Please do enjoy this fabulous prize;

Now all together…"Let's all meet them at the river…the beautiful, the beautiful river…”

post-2953-0-52990000-1351625102_thumb.jppost-2953-0-60720100-1351625108_thumb.jppost-2953-0-96739600-1351625114_thumb.jp

Edited by keith lockey

post-2953-0-05591200-1351628947_thumb.jp

NOW PAY ATTENTION EVERYONE.

HERE IS A JOLLY NEW JAPE THAT WILL TEST YOUR MIND POWER.

JUST FOLLOW THE RULES AND YOU WILL BE REWARDED.

1) Three scenes from three films - each film has a number in it's title.

2) Add the numbers up and then think of a pop group with that correct number in their name.

3) This group derived their name from a passage from a book. (Later made into a film.)

WHAT IS THAT BOOK / FILM?

EASY PEASY - NOW GET AT IT.

post-2953-0-54701900-1351628895_thumb.jppost-2953-0-45816100-1351628901_thumb.jppost-2953-0-91589800-1351628907_thumb.jp

Edited by keith lockey

It is A Clockwork Orange, from which Heaven 17 took their name. The films - middle one is 7 Brides for 7 Brothers, the third is 5 Easy Pieces, but the first is somethign of a guess using a list: is if Five Graves to Cairo?

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now