Whats Happening In Bedlington

Pete

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks joe, and well done missvic!!I do feel much better for it and doesnt bother me when Im at work either :)

I am trying but not much success, my plan was to not smoke at tea break have only one at lunch break but I failed on that one, ah well there's always next week to try it again.

Glad to hear you lot have stoped smoking I will probably end up with the Guinness shakes when the smoking ban comes in.

:D

I am trying but not much success, my plan was to not smoke at tea break have only one at lunch break but I failed on that one, ah well there's always next week to try it again.

Glad to hear you lot have stoped smoking I will probably end up with the Guinness shakes when the smoking ban comes in.

Havent you tried those patches and gum? I've never smoked myself, but they've worked for others!

what you need is somebody to will you on worked for me! patches do help but you got to have reason for quitting other wise you fall at the first hurdle!!! i did quite a few times :D

Theres three of us at work that want to stop smoking so perhaps we can will each other on and complete the job, hope so anyway.

As for the patches I have a few friends that have tried the patches but failed, one of them stoped smoking cigaretes and started smoking cigars whilst using the patches, thinking that it would help, he now smokes more cigars than he did cigaretes

Theres three of us at work that want to stop smoking so perhaps we can will each other on and complete the job, hope so anyway.

As for the patches I have a few friends that have tried the patches but failed, one of them stoped smoking cigaretes and started smoking cigars whilst using the patches, thinking that it would help, he now smokes more cigars than he did cigaretes

cold turkey, best way!! Im actually surprised at how easy it was to be honest, especially with working in the pub all the time. :)

Guest missvic

Try the really strong patches Pete... they worked for me and the young man... the ammount of nicotine in them makes you feel too sick to smoke for the first week and once the first week is over it's much easier! Keeping away from the pub has helped too, but it's not recommended!

Try the really strong patches Pete... they worked for me and the young man... the ammount of nicotine in them makes you feel too sick to smoke for the first week and once the first week is over it's much easier! Keeping away from the pub has helped too, but it's not recommended!

Is this miss vic turning over a new leaf in her life??? :)

cold turkey, best way!! Im actually surprised at how easy it was to be honest, especially with working in the pub all the time. :)

Cold turkey that sounds frightening Barlass.

Thanks Missvic I might just try them, if I could stop for a week I think I could crack it, as for the pub I would need Guinness patches to keep me away.

No, my good nature doesn't extend that far.

Here's from Phil "606" McNulty:

Steven Gerrard spared Steve McClaren from a humiliation that would have cost him his job as England coach, but left a man seemingly out of his depth with a new headache.

Frank Lampard's broken wrist allowed McClaren to make a decision he seemingly lacks the nerve to take himself - namely put Gerrard in central midfield.

McClaren has foolishly refused to play a man with claims to be the world's best central midfield player in central midfield.

And perversely, England's coach may have been glad to have his folly so brutally exposed in exchange for a win that stopped his dismissal.

Gerrard silenced the abuse of frustrated England fans and at least left McClaren in his post for a while longer with an inspirational driving display in the centre.

So what does McClaren do next?

Restore Lampard? The coach's lack of imagination suggests he probably might.

Take Gerrard and a bright debut from Preston North End's David Nugent out of the equation, and this was another desperate night for McClaren and England.

The first 45 minutes was as embarrassing as it gets as England were reduced to niggling with Andorra's selection of part-timers while their supporters heaped abuse on them from the terraces.

And for McClaren and the Football Association, they must have squirmed at the level of discontent that descended from the stands as England's torture increased with every passing second of the opening period.

John Terry suggested the fans should save their opinions until the final whistle.

Dream on John.

They had every right to pour vitriol on what they saw in Barcelona after paying good money to watch the dreadful fare that was served up.

This England team does not deserve blind loyalty - they have had enough of this in the past and there is no credit left in the bank.

And this 3-0 win, earned eventually on the back of Gerrard's outstanding display, will not dilute the feeling that McClaren has been promoted well above his powers.

Rarely has an England coach united the nation's opinion so firmly against him so early in his reign.

He has a public image problem in that he was an unpopular choice and is regarded as a purveyor of meaningless soundbites rather than someone of footballing substance.

And when the England team he sends out takes 53 minutes to unlock Andorra, his footballing credibility takes a bashing as well.

McClaren may still sit in Soho Square after this - but he will sit uneasily and with England's footballing public no nearer being convinced he is up to the job after another wretched display.

If Gerrard was the catalyst, what are we to make of the latest appalling effort from Wayne Rooney?

This great hope of English football was so unnerved and rattled by someone called Oscar Sonejee that he was effectively hauled off after an hour to avert the danger of a red card.

True Rooney was roughed up, but it seems he cannot respond with his talent.

He responds with his mouth and by getting involved in a succession of petty spats before a face-saving and ridiculous removal.

It has happened to Rooney with England before and says nothing good about his temperament.

If he is being taken off to spare him against the might of Andorra, you can bet that message will get around Europe for games ahead after he has served a well-deserved suspension.

Rooney has been cut plenty of slack on the back of his performances at Euro 2004 and for Manchester United, but it is time he got his head and his act together for England.

It is unlikely McClaren - who cut a lone figure when England arrived at the stadium and appeared ill-at-ease throughout - will find the headlines any more palatable after scrambling past Andorra.

Sadly, it is a verdict that will be justified as McClaren stumbles on, unpopular and lacking inspiration.

And if there was an extra gloss on his praise for Gerrard after the final whistle, it was because he is the reason he is still England coach.

Let me put this into perspective. England took 53 minutes to score against a team equivalent to picking the best 11 English players from Stratford Upon Avon and Leamington Spa (and then leaving out the pro Dion Dublin!) put together. That's minus at least ten thousand in Poles.

Not great is it seeing as we've got a native population of nearly 60 million and professional coacing from age 4 upwards.

Also we've got a 4 pro leagues and about 100 semi-pro leagues and about 10 million others playing football. C'mon lads... it wasn't a great result was it? ;)

Also we've got a 4 pro leagues and about 100 semi-pro leagues and about 10 million others playing football. C'mon lads... it wasn't a great result was it? ;)

well personally I feel sorry for the poor man, at the end of the day hes still a human and he gettin treated like some kind of creature that crawls through the cracks in decaying walls. i think people should cut him a bit slack before he has a nervous breakdown although according to a reporter on bbc news hes a hard nut but I reckon he'll end up cracking up like :mellow:

bah there's some waffling going on in here! somebody fetch a shovel, all this !*!@# will do for me veggie patch!

most of the 'waffling' comes from you!!

well personally I feel sorry for the poor man, at the end of the day hes still a human and he gettin treated like some kind of creature that crawls through the cracks in decaying walls. i think people should cut him a bit slack before he has a nervous breakdown although according to a reporter on bbc news hes a hard nut but I reckon he'll end up cracking up like :mellow:

most of the 'waffling' comes from you!!

Yes your right Barlass, he is a human being and should be treated with the same respect as other human beings but he's a human being in the wrong job, he really must go