Quiz Connections

keith lockey

post-2953-0-25042200-1350206768_thumb.jp

Okay you varmints ahm a'givin'ya one last clue before 6pm an' then ahm comin' in with both shootin' irons blazin'. You all must have the blind staggers from sippin' that rot gut whiskey at your local bucket of blood not to get this connection, either that or you got the brain cells of a roostered buzz worm.

So listen up you bunch of curly wolfs. That durn critter Keith gave ya two clues that stand out like a calico queen in a church. All ya gotta do is think of songs they have sang and more importantly their titles.

Ah might as well give you knot-heads the answer.

So fill up your meat bags with a Kentucky breakfast and give it some jesse.

YA ALL GOT TIL 6PM

Ok, here's a lame attempt: Parton/Rogers, Bush and Monroe have all recorded songs with 'stream' or 'river' in the title, but has Bowie? He's done about two billion tunes so I reckon its rivers/streams/waterways/God Know What.

Iguanas?

NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!

It's like I said before, Merc', you're all standing too close to the elephant to see it proper.

There is something about songs they have sang - or rather the titles.

Two are glaringly obvious, the other two aren't.

And forget about iguanas! (Bryan Ferry was the lounge lizard.)

Edited by keith lockey

Ok,I think I might have it - Monro sang Stardust, Bowie sand about Ziggy Stardust, and I think the connection is stardust, but apart from being a Bowie fan I can find no connection with Kate, and Dolly's equally a mystery......

STARDUST

Ok,I think I might have it - Monro sang Stardust, Bowie sand about Ziggy Stardust, and I think the connection is stardust, but apart from being a Bowie fan I can find no connection with Kate, and Dolly's equally a mystery......

STARDUST

........or things in space, as you say Merc , Stardust Mat Monro, Bowie (well loads of stuff really) Kate Bush had a single - Rocket Man and did Kenny & Dolly do a version of Blue Moon of Kentucky

A WINNER

WELL DONE MERCURYG - YOU FINALLY GOT THERE.

THEY HAVE ALL HAD HITS WITH A BOOK TITLE SONG.

Wuthering Heights (Emily Bronte) Kate Bush

Islands in the Stream (Ernest Hemmingway) Kenny & Dolly

1984 (George Orwell) David Bowie

Born Free (Joy Adamson) From Russia With Love (Ian Fleming) Matt Munro

What a prize I have for you, Merc'.

post-2953-0-80274800-1350215836_thumb.jp

You will accompany Gordon Brown on his Devil in Disguise Tour of Great Britain.

You will get up on stage every night for 18 weeks and sing duets with the former Prime Minister (Do I hear laughter?) warbling along to such Elvis Presley hits as A Fool Such as I, and Wooden Heart, two of Gordo's personal favourites, so I hear. You will croon to other such beloved melodies like I Just Can't Help Believin' and It's Now or Never – both reminders of the national election, and last but not least Way Down – a reference to his position in the polls on that fateful election night.

I also hear he has requested Mack the Knife from the Threepenny Opera – the Threepenny bit referring to what he left everyone after the banking crises, to which he contributed, and he will duet with Gillian Duffy on Always on my Mind. The concert will climax with Gordon's rendition of The Great Pretender. Oh what fun, fun, fun it will be, Shiny Happy People all around.

The concerts are sold out I hear…and so are the sales in rotten eggs and tomatoes!

So enjoy your 18 week tour and don't get egg on your face!

Edited by keith lockey

NEVER !!!! I thought about that earlier, but I couldn't think of a Bowie song that was a book title, 1984 , never even thought of it .

It's on his Diamond Dogs album (My personal favourite) Apparently he was trying to develop Orwell's 1984 into a stage musical. if I remember correctly. Most of the songs on the album have this dark, Orwellian undertone.

Don't worry I have others lined up in my cornucopia of connections.

The thing is, varmints, I have the workmen here for the next month and the house is a bomb-site. So my forays onto this site might be sporadic. So if I put another connection up, and I don't reply to your answer promptly, it's because I can't get on my computer.

So adios amigos, until our paths cross again. Come on Yosemite, it's time to feed the cats an' get my vittles.

Edited by keith lockey

They all had songs with days of the week in the title

Mamas & Papas - (Monday Monday) , Rolling Stones - (Ruby Tuesday) , Matt Monro ( Wednesday's Child), Johnny Mathis - (Saturday Sunshine), Easy Beats - (Friday on my mind), Elton John - (Saturday Nights allright For Fighting) , Lionel Ritchie -(Easy like a Sunday Morning) ---------------- Where am I going ?, What will I be doing? Give me my prize immediately !!!

post-2953-0-05166100-1350323341_thumb.jp

Am a'ready for ya, ya varmints.

So ya sussed me out, ya dirty dry gulchers; hornswogglers the lot of ya.

Well done Keith; you got it right EXCEPT for one song - Johnny Mathis. So let's see which one of you bushwhackers gets that one.

PS - sorry for the delay, but like I said I've got the builders in - no euphanism, Malcolm, though I will be getting my back passage emulsioned....ooh matron. They have been putting my new radiators in today and they start my rewiring tomorrow!!!!

So Keith, be prepared for your prize - it follows shortly, and you'll think Christmas has come early. Watch this space.

DEAR KEITH

Knowing that you are a keen advocate of scientific advancement, especially in the medical field, I have booked you into the Southland Academic Development Organisation (SADO) who have been funded by the government to develop new and painless ways to explore Upper and Lower Bowel problems.

The Academy has its own medical unit – the Colonoscopy Research Advancement Department (CRAP) who are keen to enlist volunteers to try their new, innovative methods.

Therefore I have booked you in for their research studies this coming term. This tortur…treatment…will include a full, in-depth colonoscopy every day in one of their state-of-the-art dunge….private wards.

You will have the pleasure of having an enema everyday and a sigmoidoscopy at least every other day. The team assure me their fibre optic endoscopic cameras come in a range of three sizes…Small, Medium and There Goes My Rectum. All instruments are approved to the KYAG standard. (Kiss Your Ass Goodbye)

I have included photographs of the facility and staff at SADO.

The team is led by the ground-breaking doctor B.L. Zeebub, who was trained at MDS (Marque de Sade) medical academy, where he led the S.A.D.D Unit. (Speculum & Anal Drilling Department)

The team are looking forward to the explorative treatment they will be subjecting…carrying out on you and I hope you have a rewarding time.

post-2953-0-92369700-1350324385_thumb.jppost-2953-0-72058000-1350324395_thumb.jppost-2953-0-58435800-1350324400_thumb.jp

Edited by keith lockey

post-2953-0-05166100-1350323341_thumb.jp

Am a'ready for ya, ya varmints.

So ya sussed me out, ya dirty dry gulchers; hornswogglers the lot of ya.

Well done Keith; you got it right EXCEPT for one song - Johnny Mathis. So let's see which one of you bushwhackers gets that one.

PS - sorry for the delay, but like I said I've got the builders in - no euphanism, Malcolm, though I will be getting my back passage emulsioned....ooh matron. They have been putting my new radiators in today and they start my rewiring tomorrow!!!!

So Keith, be prepared for your prize - it follows shortly, and you'll think Christmas has come early. Watch this space.

Johny Mathis ----

Saturday Sunshine 1968 ----- Come Saturday Morning 1970 ----------- That Sunday 1983

DEAR KEITH

Knowing that you are a keen advocate of scientific advancement, especially in the medical field, I have booked you into the Southland Academic Development Organisation (SADO) who have been funded by the government to develop new and painless ways to explore Upper and Lower Bowel problems.

The Academy has its own medical unit – the Colonoscopy Research Advancement Department (CRAP) who are keen to enlist volunteers to try their new, innovative methods.

Therefore I have booked you in for their research studies this coming term. This tortur…treatment…will include a full, in-depth colonoscopy every day in one of their state-of-the-art dunge….private wards.

You will have the pleasure of having an enema everyday and a sigmoidoscopy at least every other day. The team assure me their fibre optic endoscopic cameras come in a range of three sizes…Small, Medium and There Goes My Rectum. All instruments are approved to the KYAG standard. (Kiss Your Ass Goodbye)

I have included photographs of the facility and staff at SADO.

The team is led by the ground-breaking doctor B.L. Zeebub, who was trained at MDS (Marque de Sade) medical academy, where he led the S.A.D.D Unit. (Speculum & Anal Drilling Department)

The team are looking forward to the explorative treatment they will be subjecting…carrying out on you and I hope you have a rewarding time.

post-2953-0-92369700-1350324385_thumb.jppost-2953-0-72058000-1350324395_thumb.jppost-2953-0-58435800-1350324400_thumb.jp

BUT !! Do get a full English every morning a free bat at night ?

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now